Dr. Joseph Wasonga
Name: Dr. Joseph Wasonga
- Joseph Wasonga (June 2009) ‘Rediscovering Mato Oput: The Acholi Justice System and the Conflict in Northern Uganda,’ Africa Peace and Conflict Journal, vo.2 no 1 (Peer reviewed); accessible at www.apcj.upeace.org.
- Joseph Wasonga (2013) Exclusion of Women in Post-Conflict Peace Processes: Transitional. Justice in Northern Uganda in Feminist Perspectives on Transitional Justice
- Joseph Wasonga, (2015) ‘Conflict Trajectory in Northern Uganda: Its Development and Nature’ book chapter published by Palgrave Macmillan, New York and London.
- Wasonga and Ndege, Julius Kionga (2015). ‘Educational Training and Cultural Practices Causing Armed Conflicts In West Pokot,’ International Journal of Social Sciences Management and Entrepreneurship 2(1):274-288.
- Joseph Wasonga and Martha Musalia, ‘Women’s Movements and Political Transformation in Kenya: a Historical Survey’, book chapter, Contentious Politics in Africa,
- Carolina Academic Press, Durham, North Carolina.
- Joseph Wasonga ‘National Heritages, Global Capital Accumulation and Collective Socioeconomic Impact: A Critique of Tourism Industry in Kenya,’ published in the Journal of Tourism Trends and Challenges.
- September 2007: I participated in Philosophy of War and Peace Conference at the Catholic University of Eater Africa, Nairobi.
- July 2-4 2008: I presented a paper at Activating Human Rights and Peace Conference at Southern Cross University, Australia. The paper was entitled “Peace & Justice Processes in Uganda: Global Hegemony or Self-Determination?”
- 29 March to 31 March 2013: I presented a conference paper with Martha Musalia at the University of Texas, USA. The paper was entitled “Women’s Movements and Political Transformation in Kenya: A Historical Survey”.
- 29 November, 2015: I presented a paper at Conference the SADC Law Conference hosted by the University of the Western Cape, South Africa. The paper was entitled ’The Potential for Impunity under the African Court of Justice and Human rights.’
- 16th to 17th November 2017: I Co-presented a paper with Ms Lilian Mulati at conference on Seeking Asylum in Kenya help in Kenyatta University.
- May 18 2017: I participated in a Workshop on “Balancing Jutice and Peace? The Role of Regional Organisation Transitional Justice Processes” organised at Daystar University, Nairobi.
- 2007-2009: Mellon Foundation Mentorship Award at the University of the Witwatersrand
- 2006-2008: University Council Award at the University of the Witwatersrand
- 2006-2009: Postgraduate Merit Award at the University of the Witwatersrand
- 2007-2009: Institute of Missiology Scholarship Awarded for Study at the University of the Witwatersrand
- 1999-2000: Philosophy Award at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.