MR. ICHANI XAVIER FRANCIS
Name: MR. ICHANI XAVIER FRANCIS
- Ichani, F., Xavier, (2017), Human Rights in Criminal Justice, E- Learning Module, Egerton University Press.
- Ichani F. Xavier and Onsarigo Beatrice, (2015), Crime and Conflict Management, E- Learning Module, Egerton University Press.
- Ichani, F., Xavier, (2014), “Battle Stressors and Fatigue of Military Intervention in Somalia” Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary Impact Factor 1.393, ISSN: 2320-5082, Volume 2, Issue 3.
- Ichani, F., Xavier, (2014), “Military Intervention in Local Conflict: Justification, Perceptions, Lessons and Recommendations” Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary Impact Factor 1.393, ISSN: 2320-5083, Volume 2, Issue 2.
- Ichani Xavier Francis, (2011), “Women in Post-Conflict Peace-building: A Case Study of Mt. Elgon Conflict 1991-2011”, MA Thesis, University of Nairobi.
- Chore, Allan, Ichani, Xavier, and Tarus, Isaac, (2016), Origin of The Kenya Army: From Kings African Rifles to the Kenya Defence Forces, Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary Impact Factor mpact Factor 2.417, ISSN: 2320-5083, Volume 4, Issue 3.
Publications underway- I am currently working on these publications.
- Ichani Xavier Francis, “The Kenya Defence Forces and Internal Disputes in Kenya since 1963: A History Analysis of Military Intervention in Intra-state Conflict Resolution.” PhD Thesis, Egerton University.
- Ichani Xavier Francis, “The Impact of Counter-terrorism Strategies on Islamic Radicalization and Violent Extremism in Kenya”
- Ichani Xavier Francis, “The Somalia Conflict: The Kenya Military Intervention and Prospects for Peace,”
Publication through Supervision
- As Lecturer, I have co-supervised the following MA Thesis with senior Academic Staff
- Allan Chore (2015), “The Contribution of Lanet Barracks to Origin, Formation and Development of the Kenya Army 1963-2011” MA Thesis, Egerton University 2015.
COURSES/ SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Aug 2017 - Workshop on Module writing for E-Campus Egerton University held at School of Government Baringo.
- Aug 2015 – Workshop on Module writing for E-Campus Egerton University held at Morendant Naivasha.
- June 2015 – Attended Workshop on the harmonization of teaching materials and ARMS Training organized by the Department of Philosophy, History and Religion, Egerton University.
- 2005 - Senior Non-Commissioned Officers Management Seminar –KAFTEC Embakasi
- 2003 - Leadership and Management course – Mount Kenya school of Adventure Marania.
- 2002 - Armed Forces Senior Leadership Course – Laikipia Air Base.